Why do some students not receive a progress measure?
Students will not receive a STAAR progress measure in 2021–2022 if they do not meet ALL of the following criteria within the same content area (mathematics, reading, or English):
- Have taken a STAAR assessment in 2020–2021 and a STAAR assessment in 2021–2022
- Have a valid score from 2020–2021 and 2021–2022
- Have tested in lower-grade or course levels in 2020–2021 than in 2021–2022; Students who took the same grade‐level or EOC assessment in 2020–2021 and 2021–2022 will not receive a progress measure. Students who take STAAR assessments and have skipped grade level(s) between 2020– 2021 and 2021–2022 will receive a progress measure.
- For STAAR reading assessments, took tests in the same language in 2020–2021 and 2021– 2022 (i.e., English or Spanish).
- For STAAR English I in 2020–2021 and STAAR Algebra I and English II in 2021–2022, the student took the test for the first time (not a retest).
If a student does not meet any one of these criteria, the student will not receive a progress measure. Some students may meet the criteria and receive a progress measure for one content area but not another.