How are graduation plans (diploma plans) included in the accountability system?
Graduation plans may be used in the accountability system in the following ways, depending on campus type.
1. Graduation plan type is used in two ways for a special education graduate to meet College, Career, and Military Readiness (Chapter 2 of the 2022 manual).
Graduate Under an Advanced Degree Plan and be Identified as a Current Special Education Student. A graduate who is identified as receiving special education services during the year of graduation and whose graduation plan type is identified as a Recommended High School Plan (RHSP), Distinguished Achievement Plan (DAP), Foundation High School Plan with an Endorsement (FHSP-E), or Foundation High School Plan with a Distinguished Level of Achievement (FHSP-DLA).
Graduate with Completed Individualized Education Program (IEP) and Workforce Readiness. A graduate receiving a graduation type code of 04, 05, 54, or 55, which indicates the student has completed his/her IEP and has either demonstrated self-employment with self-help skills to maintain employment or has demonstrated mastery of specific employability and self-help skills that do not require public school services.
2. Graduation plan type is used to award bonus points to alternative education accountability (AEA) campuses (Chapter 5 of the 2022 manual).
AEA charter schools and campuses registered for evaluation under AEA provisions can earn bonus points toward the overall scaled score. A maximum of ten AEA bonus point may be added to the overall scaled score for AEA charter schools or campuses.
3. Graduation plan type is used in the Postsecondary Readiness distinction designation (Chapter 6 of the 2022 manual).
Postsecondary Readiness Indicators for Campuses:
- Percentage of STAAR Results at Meets Grade Level or Above Standard (All Subjects)
- Percentage of Grade 3–8 Results at Meets Grade Level or Above in Both Reading and Mathematics
- Four-Year Longitudinal Graduation Rate
- Four-Year Longitudinal Graduation Plan Rate
- TSI Criteria Graduates
- College, Career, and Military Ready Graduates
- SAT/ACT Participation
- AP/IB Examination Participation: Any Subject